Using Lemon Juice To Treat Seborrheic Keratosis.
Lemon juice is an extract of the lemon fruit which is from a citrus plant. The juice is sold bottled with preservatives and sometimes lemon oil added. It can be used as a natural home remedy for treating seborrheic keratosis among many other skin diseases like scabies.
Seborrheic keratosis is a skin infection that is characterized by growths on the body which start with a light tan and may darken or turn to dark brown. They have no relationship with cancer and they never turn to cancerous growths. They are often compared to brown candle wax that has been dropped on the skin and are unsightly if they are especially on the face. The growths cannot spread and they are not contagious. They should not be confused with warts because they got no viral origin. If the doctor doubts which disease you might be suffering from he/she might and should perform a skin biopsy. This is because clinically, seborrheic keratosis is similar to epidermal nevi in appearance, condylomas and warts also can clinically resemble seborrheic keratosis and hence dermatoscopy may be helpful to distinguish and come up with the right diagnosis. The lesions can be oval or round in shape and they measure a fraction of an inch across but may grow to sizes of around 2.5 centimeters in diameter.
The clinical features of Seborrheic Keratosis include: pigmented and predominantly basal keratinocytic proliferations, they are mainly on the trunks and the neck regions of adults and especially in the later years, the lesions may be contiguous or adjacent malignant skin neoplasm that are of various types, the growths have a greasy appearance and they look like they have been glued to the skin, as opposed to growing from it and they rarely itch. The growths have a tan or brown color at the start and they may turn dark over time.
The following is a simple procedure to prepare a concoction using lemon that will help clear you seborrheic keratosis spots:
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil.
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil.
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons runny honey, and
- 2, 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Combine the sweet almond oil and the sugar in a large bowl and stir the mixture well.
- Add the lemon juice and stir again.
- Finally, add the honey and lemon essential oil and stir again to mix and obtain a grainy paste.
- To use, massage your body, extremities first, in circular motions to exfoliate and cleanse. After this clean your body by taking a shower or bathing to get rid of excess oil and after this your skin and body should feel relaxed and the body itching reduced.
Recent Seborrheic Keratosis Articles: